Meet our charity partner
Please scan the barcode to donate to our charity partner Mencap.
Mencap is the leading charity for the 1.5 million people in the UK with a learning disability, their families and carers. Their vision is for the UK to be the best place in the world for people with a learning disability to live happy and healthy lives. They:
- Provide personal support services
- Campaign locally and nationally for what people with a learning disability want
- Empower people, groups and organisations to create real change in their own communities
- Help people with a learning disability to gain employment
- Provide information and advice for all areas of their lives
- Conduct research into important issues to create real change
However, more changes are urgently needed as people with a learning disability still face unacceptable inequalities on a daily basis:
- Almost half of deaths amongst people with a learning disability last year were avoidable.
- Women with a learning disability on average die 26 years younger than those in the general population, and men 22 years younger.
- Around 40% of people with a disability experience a mental health problem
People with a learning disability can live long and happy lives just like anyone else, but Mencap needs your help to make it a reality.